In case you are flying with Delta, and in between, you have planned something else; then, in that case you can cancel your flight at Delta easily. Because the airline provides a digital platform on which you can cancel your reservation from your preferred location and make a claim to the airline authority after cancellation. After that, you can get your refund back to your account details. But the question is, How Do I make A Complaint To Delta Air Lines? You can make a claim with the help of the below-written article, which includes queries that can clear all your doubts and make your problem get resolved entirely.
How Do I Submit A Claim With Delta Airlines?
People who have booked their flight tickets with Delta have ever faced an issue with their baggage. For instance, they have lost their baggage in transit or delayed or lost it after the scheduled departure. In that case, they often look for a way on how do I submit a claim with Delta Airlines? And get compensation for their delay or lost baggage. The passengers can do it by submitting the baggage form. The steps required to do the same are mentioned here.
Steps to fill the Delta Claim Form
A few simple steps need to be followed to submit the claim with Delta Airlines.
The first step is to jump onto the official website of Delta and click on the ‘Need Help’ section.
Click on the option of baggage help from the drop-down menu that appears on your screen.
Once you get onto the baggage option, click the claim form option to get redirected to the claim form.
You are required to enter the first and last names of the passengers as well as the file reference number to proceed further.
Once you get in, choose the option to request the claim.
Follow the on-screen instructions and fill in all the details, after which you can submit the form.
How Do I Get a Refund From Delta?
You can get a refund from Delta through online and offline methods, both of which you can cancel your flight first and then make a refund claim on your canceled flight. The below-written procedure will help you out. The procedure includes steps that are explained in layman's language so that you can apply it without any expert guidance.
- You can move to the official site of the Delta.
- Then log in through your account, and the page will open.
- After that, you can tap on the manage my booking tab.
- Now enter your booking reference number and last name, then click on submit.
- The page will show you the list of flights; from the list, click on the suitable flight option and tap on the cancel button.
- Following the cancellation, you will get the refund option, then tap on it. After that, the form will open, enter all the necessary details and click on the submit button.
- At last, you will get the confirmation code message on your registered email id.
How much does Delta charge for excess baggage?
- If it is 3rd checked baggage, it will cost you around 150$.
- From bags 4 to 10, it will cost you from 200$ for each bag.
- If it is an overweight bag, then the cost may vary according to the weight exceed mentioned below
- If the baggage weight is from 51-70 lbs ( 23 kg and 31.75kg), then that case will cost you around 100$.
- If the baggage weight is from 71-100lbs ( 32 kg and 45.36 kg), then that case, it will cost you around 200$.
- If anyway the weight of the bags exceeds 100 lbs (45.36 kg), then it will not be allowed.
- If it is an oversized bag from 63 inches to 80 inches ( 161 to 203cm), it will cost you around 200$.
- Bags that are larger than 80" ( 203 cm) are not permitted.
- If you are carrying special items such as all special items including golf bags, ski equipment, wheelchairs, etc., then you need to inform the airline authority.
- Some items in your baggage are restricted, such as firearms, explosives, weapons, battery or fuel-powered devices, etc.
What happens if Delta loses my bag?
In case you have lost your baggage, and that is lost from the side of Delta Airlines, then in that case you need to inform the airline gate area, where you can inform at the help desk by providing all the necessary details. You can make a claim report or complaint at the TSA security checkpoint, and you can also find your lost item at this point. You can make a call to the security staff on this toll-free number, 866-289-9673, or you can visit the site tsa.gov.