Qantas is the flag carrier of Australia that provides comfortable flight booking services at affordable prices. It lets you experience the all-inclusive service from the United States to Australia and enjoy inflight entertainment, refreshment, and checked baggage on every flight booking service. Also, if you have booked your flight ticket and want to change the passenger's name, change the name correctly. If you need to learn how can you change the name of a passenger on a Qantas, you must go through specific policies and rules provided by the customer representative.
Can you change the name of a passenger on a Qantas?
Yes, you can change the name of a passenger on a Qantas that permits you the name correction only for one ticket. To get further details, read Qantas name change policy and get complete information to change the name easily. You can make name corrections online from the official booking website within 24 hours before flight departure, but if you want to change your entire name, contact a travel agent to get the answer appropriately.
Qantas Name Change Policy
- Generally, when you notice the passenger’s name is incorrect, you can correct the name within 24 hours before flight departure.
- Your Qantas ticket must be within the validity and not used; you can request the name change and show the documents.
- You can change your maiden name to married or vice versa and show a valid document or marriage certificate.
- If you have typed the wrong first and last name, you can correct the spelling only from the website.
- When you have pre-ticketed, and your flight ticket has not been issued, please cancel the booking and then create a new booking in the new name.
- You need to cancel your flight if you will change the passenger's complete name by contacting a real person.
- You must create a new booking with a fresh name and show the valid documents when booking.
- The name change process can be done by the specified Australian domestic customer representative who can assist you efficiently.
how Much Does it Cost to Change a Name on a qantas flight
Passengers will be denied the boarding pass if the ticket name differs from the passport. Flyers are allowed to change their name. How much does it cost to change a name on a Qantas flight? You have to pay the fee, but first, find out whether you are allowed to change the name.
When you wish to correct the above name on Qantas Airlines and complete the pre-ticketing, you don’t need to pay any Qantas name change fee. But if you are using any other process to change your name on Qantas Airlines, you must go through the points below.
- When you book your flight ticket after 24 hours before flight departure, you don’t need to pay the charges of around $99 per head.
- If you are going to change your name on an international flight on Qantas, you will not get permission to change your name and cancel your flight to book a new flight and pay the difference accordingly.
- You must contact a travel agent to request the name change and pay the additional fee and the original price of the booking.
So, if you want to change your name, you are advised to cancel your flight, and book a new available flight with a new detail, make some charges, if applicable, for the cancellation, and make your flight journey secure perfectly
Qantas Name Change fee international
Passengers can correct the name on the international ticket by paying the fee:
- Within 24 hours, flyers don’t have to pay the change fee regardless of fare and destination.
- After 24 hours, you will be charged. For Red eDeal and Flex fares, consider paying the $ 99.
How to rectify the name on your ticket?
You need to open the website and follow the steps:
- Choose to Manage Booking.
- Enter the reservation number and last name.
- Click on the search option.
- Select the change option.
- Change the name and make the payment if required.
- Click on the submit button.
Suppose you have any issues, contact the Qantas contact number 1 (800) 227-4500 for immediate assistance. The helpline is accessible around the clock.