Can I Change the passenger Name on British Airways?
British Airways is a well-renowned flag carrier of the United Kingdom. The airline serves flight services to many countries and continents in the world. The airlines are popular among passengers for providing luxurious class facilities to them at budgeted prices. Suppose you were in a hurry while booking the flight tickets and later found that the spelling of the name mentioned in the ticket must be corrected. People must also know about the airline policies, rules & regulations, T&C, and other details to modify the reservation.
Changing a passenger name on a flight booking can be difficult, but with British Airways, you can easily make a change to a name. British Airways does not allow passengers to transfer ownership of a ticket by changing the full name. However, spelling mistakes in a name can be corrected easily. If you find yourself asking the question, "Can I change the passenger name on British Airways?" you can read further along to get more details on the process and the policy to change the name on a booking.
Follow given Steps to change The Name on British Airways
- Go to the homepage britishairways.com and click "Manage"
- Enter the booking reference and the last name of the passenger to get the booking summary on the screen.
- Select the relevant passenger, and you will get access to the tab "correct name."
- Type in the correct name in the relevant field and attach a document for proof.
- You will get an email from the airline with the correct name.
How Can I Correct a mistake with one of the names in My Booking British Airways?
Travelers who have made a flight reservation with the wrong name can easily correct or modify their names, either by the online procedure or from the airport. The online process through the web is mentioned here below:
- The primary step is to jump onto the official homepage of British Airways.
- The page will open, in which you need to move to the "Manage" option and then to the "My Booking" section.
- Now Mention the booking reference code and last name of the passenger.
- The flight details summary will appear on-screen.
- Now tap on the "Edit" option to make the changes in the name.
- Mention the correct name (as per the Government issued documents) and re-check all the details.
- And then Click on "Yes, I confirm to modify my name."
- Make the payment to confirm the changes.
- The confirmation message for all the modifications will be sent to your email address.
An alternative method to change the name: The best alternative way to change the name is from the airport. Passengers need to visit the help desk counter of the airline at the airport. Then, they can request the official agent to change the name. There might be some specified fees that you will be required to pay to the agent.
How Much is it to Change a Name on a British Airways Flight?
The cost to change a name on a British Airways flight can vary as it depends on the type of ticket, destination, and departure date. The fee can range from 50 $ to 60 $. You may be required to pay the difference in fare in case it has increased in comparison to the time of the original booking.
British Airways Change Name Policy
You have to be aware of the British airways change name policy so that you do not face any issues when changing the name. The name change policy is given below.
- Customers can change names in case there are minor mistakes with the spelling or for reasons like marriage or divorce.
- You have to provide the documents such as a government-issued ID like a passport to change the name.
- Changing the full name is not permitted by the airline.
- You can request a change of name by calling the customer care number and speaking to a representative, given the booking is made via the official website, the call center, or the ticket counter at the airport.
- You cannot use the advanced passenger information on the official website to change a name, as it will not be reflected on your ticket.
- If a name change is required for a flight booked through a third party, like a travel agency, you must contact the agency to make the necessary changes.
- The best way to change the full name within 24 hours of the booking is by canceling the flight booking and making a new reservation with the correct name, as it will be free of cost, and you will not be required to provide any documentation for the change.
- If the flight departure is within 24 hours, correction in a name will not be allowed.
- If the booking includes a hotel or car, you may not be able to change the name, and you can contact the customer service team to get assistance.
How Do I Change My Spelling Mistake On British Airways?
You can change your spelling mistake on British Airways by calling the customer care number 1 (800) 247-9297 and following the IVR instructions to get to an agent. The agent will require the booking details, like the confirmation number and the passenger's last name to retrieve the booking summary. You may be required to make a payment to confirm the booking.
How Can I Correct a mistake with one of the names in My Booking?
You can correct a mistake with one of the names in your booking by speaking to a customer service agent at the ticket counters. The agent may require documentation proof to make the necessary changes for you.
Does British Airways Allow Name Changes?
Yes, the airways allow their passengers to make changes in the name. In case of a passport or marriage name change, the client will be required to request to the agent that due to marriage/divorce, the changes are required to be made. Supporting evidence (such as marriage certificate and divorce documents) need to be provided at the airport. People can make it by phone or directly from the airport.
British Airways Name Correction Policy
The name change policy of British Airways is mentioned here below:
- The traveler's name on the flight ticket must match the government-issued ID or passport.
- Airlines will allow the passenger to change the name to 3 characters only.
- There will be specific fees charged by the airlines to the passenger.
- The airlines will not allow the passenger to transfer the ownership of a ticket from one person to another.
- Passengers will only be allowed to change their name up to a few characters, gender change, date of birth, and other changes.
- In the case of a group booking option, the name change option will not be available.
Can I change passenger name on British Airways?
Yes, passengers can easily change their name in the existing reservation by paying $60 as fee for it. The airline's fee will be £45 in case of marriage or divorce. The fee might also differ as per the changing time.